Tuesday, March 20, 2007

All Systems Go

Last Friday I got a phone call, out of the blue, from the Alzheimer's Research Trust asking if I'd mind being interviewed by a journalist from the Daily Express. Her name is Sarah and she'd been reading my blog about knitting my way round the London Marathon and wanted to include me in an article for their Lifestyle section. Crikey! Well, I could hardly say 'no' as it would be great publicity for the Alzheimer's Research Trust. Sarah telephoned me and we had a good old chat about how I started running and mum's illness etc. Then the Editor from the newspaper phoned and asked if their photographer could come and take a photo of me running and knitting so we arranged for him to come tomorrow. She asked that I use a bright coloured wool so it would show up in the paper.

That's when I realised I needed to get myself along to see Nicki at Laughing Hens to collect the yarn and needles she promised me. Nicki was great and let me rummage through the yarns to see what caught my eye. I knew I wanted red and orange so the Debbie Bliss 'SoHo' yarn is ideal as it will show up well when I'm running but I also wanted a contrast colour. Thankfully I spotted the lovely turquoise Colinette yarn called 'One Zero'. So here it is together with some nice wooden needles.

A massive THANK YOU to Nicki for providing me with the yarn and needles.

No comments: