Sunday, June 24, 2007

At last - 2 fingers!



Well, as I didn't have to go out for my usual 4 hour Sunday training run I found myself with some time on my hands. It's been chucking it down with rain since I woke up and I couldn't go and play out in the garden so it seemed like an ideal opportunity to take another look at the FairIsle gloves (which have been loitering in my knitting bag because I was fed up with getting the fingers wrong!).

I am a slow knitter and this has taken me forever but I've finally finished the little finger I had so much trouble with. Encouraged, I managed to do another one too and it didn't seem half as difficult. I found the first one really fiddly to do but this one was easier because I was more confident and adjusted the shaping to suit my chubby fingers.

Now I'm gaining in confidence with the process I suspect that the second glove will be executed much neater than this one. It's been a very useful learning exercise for FairIsle technique, tension and making gloves.

2 comments:

me said...

Wow! That's lovely! Nice work.

Just call me Ruby said...

Hiya Susie,

love the gloves and love your photo more. You look fab. I hope your hip will calm down. I get a twist in mine from my shoulder problem so I know how you feel - except I don't try and run.

Good luck, take care

Ruby xx