Monday, February 18, 2008

I Knit London, Wendy & a Glorious Sunset

This morning I had a lovely email from Gerard at I Knit London. I'd emailed him to ask if he'd publicise my running/knitting stuff at FLM (London marathon) and he has very kindly agreed to put something about it in his weekly newsletter. I'm hoping to get to meet him this year at the Stitch'n'Bitch in September as I missed him at FLM last year where he was publicising the charity Water Aid. You may remember they organised a wonderful knitted river to draw attention to the problems of lack of clean water in 3rd world countries.

Next up was a very helpful email from Wendy from Wendy Knits I'd left a comment on her blog asking for advice about my high instep/heel problem and I was thrilled that she'd taken the time to reply to me. She agreed that the best way would be to increase the length of the heel section then lose the extra stitches after the turn. I've now ripped right back to the start so will be casting on again tomorrow. Thanks Wendy, you're a star!

How did we manage without the internet?!

Finally, we had the most glorious sunset this evening so I tried to capture some of its beauty. Everywhere was bathed in a pinky amber glow and it looked so lovely.

No comments: