Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mystery sock KAL


I've decided to take part in the TTL Socktoberfest Mystery Sock KAL hosted by Kirsten of Through the Loops

It's rather exciting knitting away at something and not knowing what it will look like. As the socks are unisex, I decided to make them for Mike so he chose the colour, burgundy, of Cherry Tree Hill yarn. I was very impressed as I ordered the yarn on Friday lunchtime from The Woolly Workshop and it arrived first thing the next day.

I was too busy playing around with the hat over the weekend and didn't start the socks until Tuesday evening. The first one I did was interesting because we discovered that Mike has very petite ankles and although the cuff went over the widest part of his foot with ease, it was quite baggy around the leg. So I've gone down 4 stitches and I think this will be much better. Anyway, I managed to complete one and found I'd got a second set of 2.5mm dpns so I've done a few rounds on that as well.

This is the cuff of the first one and the first few rows of the second. I think today's the day that Kirsten issues the next set of intructions.

No comments: