Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sky 22 & my last 20 miler

Oh my I'm glad my last 20 miler is out of the way! Sometimes you have a run where nothing seems to go right and this was one of them. It started when I got out of bed and the wind was blowing a gale and there was driving rain. This put me into the wrong frame of mind immediately but by the time I went out it had stopped raining and the wind wasn't as bad.

I seemed to have been engulfed by a wave lethargy and I just trudged onwards rather than with a spring in my step. Then it rained and the wind became stronger. That certainly didn't help my mood. Then the rain stopped and the sun came out and it was really hot so that gave me something else to grumble about!

It was a real struggle right until I reached around 14 miles and then everything seemed better and I was fine.

Oh the joys of long distance running!

Here are the photos from yesterday.
This photo was taken around 6:15am at the front of the house.
This was taken at the same time but at the back of the house across the horses' field. I liked the apricot glow on the trees.
Although it started well, the day was dreary and wet again so it was no surprise that we didn't have anything decent to watch when I took this final photo of the day at 7:15pm

No comments: