Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sky 25 & stuffing a corgi!

I had a bit of a King Lear moment today as the wind kept whipping up and the sudden gusts nearly knocked me off my feet!









"Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head! And thou, all-shaking thunder,
Smite flat the thick rotundity o' the world!
Crack nature's moulds, an germens spill at once,
That make ingrateful man!"

King Lear, Act 3 Scene 2



Eventually the wind blew the grey clouds away and we had a lovely watery sunset leaving behind this glorious afterglow.

Have you ever tried stuffing a tiny knitted corgi? No, me neither! What a faff trying to stuff wadding into 4 tiny legs. It does look cute though but I won't take a photo until I've embroidered his face.

I had a really good interval session yesterday and ran 10 x 400 meters at 7mph which for me is a first as I don't think I've ever held that pace for more than a nano-second. Today I'm trying out an aqua-aerobics class as an accompaniment to my new swimming regime.

If all this training doesn't translate into a pb at Liverpool then I really don't know what will!

No comments: