Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Time is on my side

In our London marathon race packs this year there was a fridge magnet, the idea being that you peeled off the black bits to reveal your finish time.

I'd saved it and visualised it reading 4:45:00.  In my heart I really wanted it to read 4:40:00.  As you can see, it doesn't say either of those!

It will remain on the fridge as a reminder that sometimes things don't go quite as we'd like but also to annoy me and spur me on to get that elusive pb later in the year.

To put my disappointment into perspective, I mentioned yesterday that a young girl, Claire Squires, had died during the marathon.  I read about her death early in the morning and when I checked out her charity page for the Samaritans it was showing around £1000 as lots of people had been to make donations in her memory (before the marathon she had raised around £500).   Her sudden death has really moved everyone across the globe and donations, of mostly small amounts such as £5 and £10, have been flooding in to make her total a staggering £245,000 last time I looked.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this sad time.


No comments: